Questions for Master Plan consultant
· Where is our poverty based – is it single elderly women etc. Get better understanding.
Further crunching HPP 2.14 :
31.6%, or 705, of Lenox’s 2,205 households are housing cost-burdened
Of the 1,040 extreme-to-moderate income households, 605 (or 58%) are housing cost burdened.
Housing cost burden for those earning moderate-and-above incomes is less than 10%.
I would love, as part of Master Plan process, to get exact insight as to where the housing cost burden lies even more precisely – e.g. age, family size; I don’t that is in the HPP. I will add this question to the list.
For Master Plan, I also will add: Why aren’t our 40B senior housing options filling up (if that’s true); and who are they serving — Lenox residents in transition or other Ma. resident in transition or in what combination? Housing Trust: When we meet — let’s discuss what additional questions you may want insight into — the Master Plan will start soon!
· Get better understanding of rental housing market.
· Graph year-round housing units and 2nd homeowner housing units since 2000.
· Graph year-round population and est. 2nd homeowner population since 2000.
· How big is our economy – define.
· Gauge residents’ interest in increasing the number of housing units; what kind of housing units; where
· Model analysis of growth given new development; how much money will we have to work with to invest?
· Tax rate analysis – burden vs rest of county timelined
· OPEB and other liabilities – assessment – including vs other Berkshires
· Role of schools in creating a thriving community – meta-analysis
· Residential tax exemptions
tourism in the Berkshires at 462MM in 2016 up from 309 in 2009 http://1berkshire.com/tourism-economic-driver-intheberkshires/