Planning Board Meeting
April 10, 2018
Town Hall Auditorium
- Approve Planning Board and STR subcommittee minutes for:
- Public Comment
- 241 Walker Special Permit Application
Continued hearing for the Application of Stone Path Development, Inc. for the property at 241 Walker Street (Map 8, Parcel 1 and Map 8, Parcel 6-1) in the Residential “R-1A’ zoning district. The Application and supporting materials are available for review at the office of Town Clerk in Lenox Town Hall between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. and on the Town website.
- Short-Term Rentals discussion among the Board
Continue discussion of Short-Term Rental bylaw including:
- Affirm bylaw intent – The Town has communicated that it will grandfather existing short-term rentals of entire homes, based on a Jan. 22, 2014 Town Counsel opinion. Given this interpretation and with the goal to ensure we are developing bylaw language reflecting our own clear understanding and intent, assess:
- How grandfathering is addressed within our existing bylaw. (Kate to lead)
- Whether we believe we are developing a bylaw that makes these short-term rentals a new conditional use, or
- Whether we are developing a bylaw that puts limits on a use that is already permitted by-right.
- Documents to be included in the discussion:
- Next steps.
- Review correspondence.
- Review list of recommended changes that have come in from various stakeholders. Discuss and make amendments as required.
- Affirm previous decision to move bylaw forward to the Public Hearing and Town Meeting.
- Short-Term Rentals – Public Information Session
- Short presentation on the proposed Short-Term Rental bylaw
- Comments, questions from public
- Consider amendments as required.
- Review warrant item language
- Due to BOS April 11, current DRAFT: STR Bylaw Amendment Articles
- Prepare for Public Hearing, April 17
- Discuss and prepare key talking points / slides for April 17 Public Hearing.