SHORT TERM RENTALS SUBCOMMITEE meeting
March 19, 2018 — 10 a.m.
Location: Board of Selectmen conference room, Lenox Town Hall
- Citizen’s Open Comment with the permission of the meeting Chair.
- Review new correspondence received since March 5 meeting.
- H. 4287 update — amended and gone to Ways & Means
- Continue to review and analyze citizen input from community discussions, correspondence and the online survey, along with other research that the subcommittee has done so far, to determine if the creation of bylaws specific to short-term rentals are called for. If so, begin to discuss policy options.
- Thoughts and comments from subcommittee members and advisory group since last meeting
- Discuss and consider for use Bill Polk’s suggested matrix for analyzing policy alternatives.
- Hear from the community — On March 5, we asked interested members in the audience to bring policy proposal ideas to us.
- Note: A binder containing citizen input is available for public viewing; it is with the Town Clerk in Town Hall and can be viewed during normal business hours. It is generally updated every Friday afternoon with any new correspondence received in the week prior. Additions *may* also be found here the binder in Town Hall is the official record.
- Next steps – map next steps relative to timeline in the right-hand sidebar here
- Discuss: Do we want to keep waiting for the state, or not?
- Is May Town Meeting really possible and if so, desirable?
- Next meeting – discuss agenda; discuss whether a set weekly date is possible (so that a standing reservation for a room can be made)
- Meeting minutes – Approve meeting minutes for March 5